- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Corriander
- 1 lemon, zest and juic
- enough bottled lemon juice to make up 1/4 cup between it and the juice from the lemn
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon verbena
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp paprika
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the garbanzo beans.
- Prepare the garbanzo beans. Use a blender, mixer, or vegetable strainer to puree the garbanzo beans. I found that my stick blender was the fastest and most effective method. The goal is to crush them into a paste.
- Cut the celery in thin slices and fry the celery and Corriander in a little oil until the celery is just translucent.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Add bottled lemon juice to zest and juice from lemon to make up 1/4 cup of juice.
- Chop the lemon verbena fine.
- Mix together all of the ingredients and blend until well combined. If you can, use a mixer or whisk to whip it together and smooth out the texture a bit.